Spiderweb Trap Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) potato gnocchi
- 3 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- 2. For pesto, place the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic and salt in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream; process until blended.
- 3. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Drain gnocchi; place in a large bowl. Add spaghetti squash and pesto; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave. Look for potato gnocchi in the pasta, ethnic or frozen section of your grocery store.
3/4 cup: 322 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Spiderweb Trap
"We made this last night (Halloween supper), it was good and fun! I told the kids it was spider webs with spider eggs."