Spiderweb Trap Recipe
We use a spaghetti squash "web" to cleverly capture tender gnocchi "bugs" in this pesto-based side dish.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) potato gnocchi
- 3 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- 2. For pesto, place the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic and salt in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream; process until blended.
- 3. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Drain gnocchi; place in a large bowl. Add spaghetti squash and pesto; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 322 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Spiderweb Trap
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC