- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) potato gnocchi
- 3 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- For pesto, place the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic and salt in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream; process until blended.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Drain gnocchi; place in a large bowl. Add spaghetti squash and pesto; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Spiderweb Trap in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p242
Reviews for Spiderweb Trap
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2013
We made this last night (Halloween supper), it was good and fun! I told the kids it was spider webs with spider eggs.