- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) potato gnocchi
- 3 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- For pesto, place the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic and salt in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream; process until blended.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Drain gnocchi; place in a large bowl. Add spaghetti squash and pesto; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Spiderweb Trap in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p242
Reviews for Spiderweb Trap
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2013
"We made this last night (Halloween supper), it was good and fun! I told the kids it was spider webs with spider eggs."