Every year, our daughter and her friends anticipate our annual Halloween party. Among the menu items is this taco dip with bat-shaped tortilla chips. —Sonia Candler, Edmonton, Alberta
- 20 chipotle chili and pepper tortillas or flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup prepared guacamole
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Cut tortillas into bat shapes with a 3-3/4-in. cookie cutter. Place tortillas on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz tortillas with cooking spray. Combine the garlic salt, coriander, paprika and pepper; sprinkle over tortillas. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until edges just begin to brown.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and salsa. Spread into a 9-in. pie plate. Carefully spread guacamole to within 1 in. of edges.
- Place sour cream in a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe thin concentric circles an inch apart over guacamole. Beginning with the center circle, gently pull a knife through circles toward outer edge. Wipe knife clean. Repeat to complete spiderweb pattern. Serve with tortilla bats. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups dip and about 7 dozen chips.
Originally published as Spiderweb Dip with Bat Tortilla Chips in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p244
Reviews for Spiderweb Dip with Bat Tortilla Chips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review