Spiderweb Cookies Recipe
A clever design puts a new spin on standard sugar cookies in this recipe from our Test Kitchen.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Edible glitter
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Milk chocolate M&M's
- Orange nonpareils
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in egg and orange peel. Gradually add flour; mix well.
- 2. Transfer dough to a pastry bag fitted with a large round pastry tip. Pipe spiderwebs (about 4 in. high and 4 in. wide) onto foil-lined baking sheets. With a pastry brush, gently brush each web with water. Lightly sprinkle with edible glitter.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set but not browned. Let cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Fill a small resealable plastic bag with the melted chocolate; cut a small hole in the corner of bag. For spiders, attach two or three M&M's on each web with melted chocolate; pipe spider legs around each. For spider eyes, attach nonpareils with melted chocolate. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals (calculated without M&M's and nonpareils) 188 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Spiderweb Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC