- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Edible glitter
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- M&M's® Brand Chocolate Candies
- Orange nonpareils
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in egg and orange peel. Gradually add flour; mix well.
- Transfer dough to a pastry bag fitted with a large round pastry tip. Pipe spiderwebs (about 4 in. high and 4 in. wide) onto foil-lined baking sheets. With a pastry brush, gently brush each web with water. Lightly sprinkle with edible glitter.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set but not browned. Let cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Fill a small resealable plastic bag with the melted chocolate; cut a small hole in the corner of bag. For spiders, attach two or three M&M's on each web with melted chocolate; pipe spider legs around each. For spider eyes, attach nonpareils with melted chocolate. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spiderweb Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p239
Reviews for Spiderweb Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >