Spiderweb Brownies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and unsweetened chocolate; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar. Cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts. Pour into a greased foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Immediately drop marshmallow cream by spoonfuls over hot brownies; spread evenly. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Lift out of the pan; remove foil. For web decoration, melt semisweet chocolate in a microwave; stir until smooth. Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in one corner of the bag; drizzle chocolate over top in a spiderweb design. Let set before cutting into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 217 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Spiderweb Brownies
"I have made this recipe several times, not only for Halloween. For Easter I sprinkle the top with green coconut & jelly beans, today I am making them for a Christmas party."