Spiderweb Brownies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and unsweetened chocolate; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar. Cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts. Pour into a greased foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Immediately drop marshmallow cream by spoonfuls over hot brownies; spread evenly. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Lift out of the pan; remove foil. For web decoration, melt semisweet chocolate in a microwave; stir until smooth. Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in one corner of the bag; drizzle chocolate over top in a spiderweb design. Let set before cutting into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 217 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Spiderweb Brownies
"I have made this recipe several times, not only for Halloween. For Easter I sprinkle the top with green coconut & jelly beans, today I am making them for a Christmas party."