Spiderweb Brownie Trifle Recipe
“I created this for my husband because he likes Butterfingers. Everyone loves it." —Gloria Wilbanks, Baldwin, Georgia
- 1 package caramel swirl brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 3 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), finely chopped, divided
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 1-in. cubes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar; beat until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Place half of the brownie cubes in a 4-qt. trifle bowl or glass serving dish; layer with half of the cream cheese mixture.
- 3. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Set aside half of the pudding mixture. Stir pecans and 1 cup chopped candy bars into remaining pudding mixture; spread over cream cheese layer. Layer with remaining brownies and cream cheese mixture.
- 4. Fold 2 cups whipped topping into the reserved pudding mixture; spread over cream cheese layer. Spread remaining whipped topping over top.
- 5. Place chocolate syrup in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe eight thin concentric circles 1/2 in. apart on the whipped topping. Beginning with the center circle, gently pull a knife through circles toward the outer edge. Wipe knife clean. Repeat to complete spiderweb pattern. Sprinkle remaining crushed candy bars in center of web. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 21 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 464 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC