My files are overflowing with recipes I keep meaning to try. So when I encountered a bumper crop of zucchini, I finally reached for this recipe. We look forward to it each summer.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 pounds zucchini, diced
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups cooked macaroni
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown and crumble sausage; drain. Add tomatoes, broth, zucchini, green peppers, celery, onion and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until vegetables are tender. Add macaroni; heat through. Yield: 14-16 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Spicy Zucchini Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p17
Reviews for Spicy Zucchini Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review