Spicy Zucchini Soup Recipe
My files are overflowing with recipes I keep meaning to try. So when I encountered a bumper crop of zucchini, I finally reached for this recipe. We look forward to it each summer.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours YIELD:16 servings
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 3 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 pounds zucchini, diced
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups cooked macaroni
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown and crumble sausage; drain. Add tomatoes, broth, zucchini, green peppers, celery, onion and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until vegetables are tender. Add macaroni; heat through. Yield: 14-16 servings (4 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 109 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC