- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 pounds zucchini, diced
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups cooked macaroni
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown and crumble sausage; drain. Add tomatoes, broth, zucchini, green peppers, celery, onion and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until vegetables are tender. Add macaroni; heat through. Yield: 14-16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Spicy Zucchini Soup
"I love this soup! I changed mine up a bit to reduce sodium and calories - substituted the macaroni noodles with garbanzo beans, added a small can of sliced olives, and used reduced sodium vegetables. This is perfect fall soup and has amazing flavor! I have made this many times. Firemen, kid, and friend approved!"
"Changed this up a bit to use what I had on hand. First off I substituted the italian sausage with hamburger. I also used fresh tomatoes out of my garden rather than the canned. To make it a little healthier and also because I substituted the macaroni with uncooked brown minute rice which I just added at the end."