- 5 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup grated onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chopped seeded habanero pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the zucchini, onion and salt. Seal bag and turn to coat: refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Rinse with water; drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, mustard, turmeric, celery seed and pepper. Gradually whisk in vinegar until blended. Stir in peppers and zucchini mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Cool. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Spicy Zucchini Relish in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p220
Reviews for Spicy Zucchini Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2012
I have so much zucchini in my garden and didn't know what to do with it, until I found this recipe. It is incredible! My husband loves it on everything.