- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- Salsa, sour cream and pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in 1 teaspoon butter for 3 minutes. Stir in zucchini and taco seasoning; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat.
- Spread remaining butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas butter side down on a griddle. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup cheese and 1/4 cup zucchini mixture over half of each tortilla; fold over.
- Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa, sour cream and jalapenos. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Zucchini Quesadillas in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p28
Reviews for Spicy Zucchini Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review