Spicy Zucchini Quesadillas Recipe
My family loves Mexican food, so I created this easy recipe one summer when our garden was bursting with zucchini. For milder quesadillas, use Monterey Jack instead of pepper Jack cheese. If you want them spicier, add some red pepper flakes or chopped jalapenos. -Linda Taylor Lenexa, Kansas
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- Salsa, sour cream and pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in 1 teaspoon butter for 3 minutes. Stir in zucchini and taco seasoning; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat.
- Spread remaining butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas butter side down on a griddle. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup cheese and 1/4 cup zucchini mixture over half of each tortilla; fold over.
- Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa, sour cream and jalapenos. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Zucchini Quesadillas in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p28
Reviews for Spicy Zucchini Quesadillas(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quesadillas >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >