One day when I was a girl, a neighbor brought over a dish similar to this one. I hadn't had it in 20 years but kept thinking about the fabulous flavor combination, so I decided to re-create it. I don't know if it's the same, but my family likes it today as much as I did back then.—Marian Quaid-Maltagliati, Nipomo, California
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine zucchini and water. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; drain. Stir in the hominy, corn, jalapeno and salt. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender. Let stand for 2 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Corn Medley in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p242
Reviews for Spicy Zucchini Corn Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2013
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2012
"This was a nice veggie side with Mexican food."