One day when I was a girl, a neighbor brought over a dish similar to this one. I hadn't had it in 20 years but kept thinking about the fabulous flavor combination, so I decided to re-create it. I don't know if it's the same, but my family likes it today as much as I did back then.—Marian Quaid-Maltagliati, Nipomo, California
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine zucchini and water. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; drain. Stir in the hominy, corn, jalapeno and salt. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender. Let stand for 2 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Corn Medley in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p242
Reviews for Spicy Zucchini Corn Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2013
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2012
"This was a nice veggie side with Mexican food."