Spicy White Chili Recipe
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and sliced jalapeno peppers, optional
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano, cayenne and cloves; cook and stir 2-3 minutes more. Add broth, chicken and beans; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Garnish with sour cream and jalapeno peppers if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Spicy White Chili
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious! I used mild green chiles (as recipe didn't indicate mild or hot) and used a warm rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to cut up for the soup. I also used olive oil instead of canola oil simply because I don't like the taste of canola. Did not use jalapenos. I halved the recipe as I generally cook for only 2-3 people, but other than that I made it exactly as the original recipe. So incredibly easy and delicious!! Definitely garnish with a dollop of sour cream. Yum!
EXCELLENT!!!!! This chili is the best. Not to hot. I only used 1 can of chilies and put in a package of Taco seasoning...FANTASTIC~~~~
This chili is not near as spicy as you would think but it is very good. To add a little heat, I did garnish with jalapenos as suggested. I also omitted the cloves. This is a keeper!
Making it again today. I just left out the nutmeg b/c I'm not a fan. My fiancÃ© loves this recipe too. TY for posting it.
This is the best white chili I've ever had! My whole family loves it. It is requested quite often.