Spicy White Chili Recipe
I thought the original version of this dish was fine. But my son can't get enough spice, so I added green chilies and other seasonings until it created a quick and easy chili he's wild about. —Carlene Bailey, Bradenton, Florida
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and sliced jalapeno peppers, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano, cayenne and cloves; cook and stir 2-3 minutes more. Add broth, chicken and beans; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Garnish with sour cream and jalapeno peppers if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
1 serving (1 each) equals 324 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 609 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy White Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC