Spicy Watermelon Salsa
I threw this together after an overzealous trip to the farmer's market! My family loved it from the first bite You can serve it right away but the best flavor is achieved after letting the salsa rest in the refrigerator for a few hours. —Andrea Heyart, Aubrey, Texas
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups seeded chopped watermelon
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add remaining
- ingredients; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- If necessary, drain before serving. Yield: 15 servings (1/3 cup
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.