- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups seeded chopped watermelon
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add remaining ingredients; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. If necessary, drain before serving. Yield: 15 servings (1/3 cup each).
Reviews for Spicy Watermelon Salsa
"I made this salsa and it was delicious! Used the equivalent of cilantro and basil (dried) for the fresh herbs and 1/2 red onion, finely chopped, as I did not have a small red onion. delowenstein"
"Yum! Gets pretty juicy as time goes on so eat it up fast!"