I threw this together after an overzealous trip to the farmer's market! My family loved it from the first bite You can serve it right away but the best flavor is achieved after letting the salsa rest in the refrigerator for a few hours. —Andrea Heyart, Aubrey, Texas
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups seeded chopped watermelon
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add remaining ingredients; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. If necessary, drain before serving. Yield: 15 servings (1/3 cup each).
Originally published as Watermelon Salsa in Taste of Home Recipes Across America 2013, p353
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Spicy Watermelon Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2016
"Yum! Gets pretty juicy as time goes on so eat it up fast!"