Spicy Warm Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 small sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped, optional
- Rub soup mix over both sides of chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the beans, corn and picante sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in chilies and onions; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, pepper jelly and lemon juice; set aside.
- Toss lettuce and romaine; divide among four salad plates. Slice chicken; arrange on greens. Place red pepper slices and bean mixture around chicken. Drizzle with sour cream mixture; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with jalapenos if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Warm Chicken Salad
Sort By :
It was a pain to find the jalapeno pepper jelly, but worth it, because this salad was a hit at my house. You coul almost go with out the dressing, because of all the yummy toppings that this salad allready has going for it.