Spicy Turkey Tacos Recipe
- 8 taco shells
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Cubed avocado and additional salsa, optional
- 1. Heat taco shells according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in salsa and spices; heat through. Serve immediately, or cool before placing in a freezer container.
- 3. To serve, fill each taco shell with 1/3 cup turkey mixture. Serve with lettuce, cheese, sour cream and optional ingredients if desired. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen taco meat: Thaw in the refrigerator; place in a saucepan and heat through. Serve as directed. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 324 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Spicy Turkey Tacos
"We really enjoyed these, the hint of cinnamon made them different."
"My family did not like this recipe at all. Would not make it again"
"This is so good!!! I love it. My family wants me to make this again and again and we eat it with cumin rice with avocado."
"I added 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and some salt also. I changed the sour cream for plain greek yogurt. Was really really good!"
"Needed alot more spices... too bland."
"This recipe, though tasty, is very sweet!"