Spicy Turkey Tacos Recipe
- 8 taco shells
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Cubed avocado and additional salsa, optional
- Heat taco shells according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in salsa and spices; heat through. Serve immediately, or cool before placing in a freezer container.
- To serve, fill each taco shell with 1/3 cup turkey mixture. Serve with lettuce, cheese, sour cream and optional ingredients if desired. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen taco meat: Thaw in the refrigerator; place in a saucepan and heat through. Serve as directed. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Turkey Tacos
Sort By :
We really enjoyed these, the hint of cinnamon made them different.
My family did not like this recipe at all. Would not make it again
This is so good!!! I love it. My family wants me to make this again and again and we eat it with cumin rice with avocado.
I added 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and some salt also. I changed the sour cream for plain greek yogurt. Was really really good!
Needed alot more spices... too bland.