My go-to meal after an evening run is this satisfying turkey wrap with jicama, a potato-like root veggie used in Mexican cooking. —Christie Arp, Blue Ridge, Georgia
Recommended: 13 Ways to Make Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled jicama or celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned carrot
- 6 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Hot mustard, optional
- In a large skillet, cook turkey, jicama and onion over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles. Stir in soy sauce, ginger, garlic and peppers. Add carrot; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve in lettuce. If desired, serve with mustard. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Turkey Lettuce Wraps in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016
Reviews for Spicy Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2016