Spicy Turkey Legs Recipe
Your guests are sure to get a kick out of these flavorful turkey legs. For less spicy flavor, reduce the amount of hot sauce and inject 1/2 ounce into each leg. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 6 turkey drumsticks (1 pound each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients; set aside 1/4 cup for basting. Draw remaining marinade into a flavor injector. In several areas of each drumstick, inject a total of 2 tablespoons (or 1 oz.) of marinade into the meat while slowly pulling out the needle.
- 2. Place drumsticks on a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 45-55 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Turkey Legs
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2012
"These are so goooood! I've made them twice now and they are a huge hit with my hubby! Just enough spice but, not enough to kill you, hehe!"
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2011
"this was great and plan to make it often"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC