Spicy Turkey Legs Recipe
- 2/3 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 6 turkey drumsticks (1 pound each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients; set aside 1/4 cup for basting. Draw remaining marinade into a flavor injector. In several areas of each drumstick, inject a total of 2 tablespoons (or 1 oz.) of marinade into the meat while slowly pulling out the needle.
- 2. Place drumsticks on a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 45-55 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: Flavor injectors can be found in the outdoor cooking section of your favorite home or cooking store or through numerous internet sources.
Reviews for Spicy Turkey Legs
"These are so goooood! I've made them twice now and they are a huge hit with my hubby! Just enough spice but, not enough to kill you, hehe!"
"this was great and plan to make it often"