Your guests are sure to get a kick out of these flavorful turkey legs. For less spicy flavor, reduce the amount of hot sauce and inject 1/2 ounce into each leg. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 6 turkey drumsticks (1 pound each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients; set aside 1/4 cup for basting. Draw remaining marinade into a flavor injector. In several areas of each drumstick, inject a total of 2 tablespoons (or 1 oz.) of marinade into the meat while slowly pulling out the needle.
- Place drumsticks on a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 45-55 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Turkey Legs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p244
Reviews for Spicy Turkey Legs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2012
"These are so goooood! I've made them twice now and they are a huge hit with my hubby! Just enough spice but, not enough to kill you, hehe!"
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2011
"this was great and plan to make it often"