- 2/3 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 6 turkey drumsticks (1 pound each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients; set aside 1/4 cup for basting. Draw remaining marinade into a flavor injector. In several areas of each drumstick, inject a total of 2 tablespoons (or 1 oz.) of marinade into the meat while slowly pulling out the needle.
- Place drumsticks on a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 45-55 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Turkey Legs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p244
Reviews for Spicy Turkey Legs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2012
These are so goooood! I've made them twice now and they are a huge hit with my hubby! Just enough spice but, not enough to kill you, hehe!
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2011
this was great and plan to make it often