Spicy Turkey Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or turkey sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth or beer
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a Dutch oven or large soup kettle, cook the turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12-14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Spicy Turkey Chili(2)
Sort By :
I omitted the jalapeño, but used 3 Anaheim peppers & 1/4 tsp. of Dave's Insanity Hot Sauce, which is made with ghost peppers. In every tiny taste, I could detect the cinnamon. Omit the cinnamon next time. Note to self: Spoiled DH with this recipe. Tried a quicker turkey chili with McCormick's Slow Cooker Chili Seasoning and he said it was terrible. Don't do that again!
will for sure be repeating this recipe, again,and again.
It is a winner. Edna..Waterford, MI.