Spicy Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 Kaiser rolls, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the onion, yogurt, dill, hot pepper sauce, salt and garlic. Crumble turkey over mixture; mix well. Shape into four patties, each about 3/4 in. thick.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger: 357 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Spicy Turkey Burgers
"Good one is this"
"This is a "go-to" recipe in our house-- easy and yummy!"