Spicy Turkey Bean Soup Recipe
I originally called this recipe "Turkey Dump Soup" because all you have to do is dump all the ingredients into the slow cooker and let them cook!—Gary Fenski, Huron, South Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 322 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,283 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC