Spicy Touchdown Chili Recipe
For me, football, cool weather and chili just seem to go together. Whether I’m cheering on the local team on a Friday night or enjoying a Saturday afternoon of Oklahoma Sooner football with some friends, I enjoy serving this chili on game day. —Chris Neal, Quapaw, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 4 hours YIELD:12 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Repeat with sausage.
- 2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup equals 346 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 824 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC