Spicy Tortellini Recipe
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup dried cheese tortellini
- Shredded Asiago cheese, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. In the drippings, saute the celery, onion and garlic until tender.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into celery mixture. Add the V8 juice, chili powder, sugar and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Add tortellini. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Garnish with Asiago cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups (prepared with reduced-sodium broth; calculated without cheese) equals 401 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,293 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.