Spicy Tomato Steak Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef round steak, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a large resealable bag, combine the vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain marinade. Place flour in another large resealable bag; add beef and toss to coat. In a large skillet, cook beef in oil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 195 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Spicy Tomato Steak
"Fantastic flavor and the whole family loves it. Been making this recipe for years. I add 2/3 cup of water to the recipe and make it in the pressure cooker for even quicker meals and it has more "sauce"."
"Very tasty and a little bit different from most stovetop beef steak recipes. My DH likes this served with lots of flour tortillas."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.