Spicy Tomato Steak Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef round steak, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a large resealable bag, combine the vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain marinade. Place flour in another large resealable bag; add beef and toss to coat. In a large skillet, cook beef in oil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat; also, 195 calories, 757 mg sodium, 24 mg cholesterol, 16 gm carbohydrate, 16 gm protein, 8 gm fat.
Reviews for Spicy Tomato Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.