- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the tomato juice, corn, beans, salsa, oregano, garlic powder, basil, cumin and pepper flakes if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain macaroni; stir into the soup. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Tomato Soup
Sort By :
When we made this soup, we added additonal beans, roasted tomatoes and extra macaroni. Everyone who had this soup really enjoyed it and my daughter sair she would make it again. It was really delicious on a very chilly evening.
Very tasty & comforting, especially in winter. Didn't think it was spicy but that's ok. My son & i loved it!
Very good! Wouldn't change a thing!
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Soup Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >