Spicy Tomato Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
- 9 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the shrimp, tomato juice, tomato sauce, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and wine until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and sauce is thickened.
- 3. Drain fettuccine; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with basil just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 348 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Spicy Tomato Shrimp Fettuccine
"Everyone loved this! I used Campanelle noodles (like mini lasagna noodles - can find them at Target) and I added about 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Tasted great!"
"Delicious! This recipe was very easy and family says make again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.