Spicy Tomato Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
Pasta gets a kick from red pepper flakes in this arrabbiata-style dish featuring shrimp, garlic and basil served in a tomato sauce. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 9 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the shrimp, tomato juice, tomato sauce, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and wine until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and sauce is thickened.
- Drain fettuccine; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with basil just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Shrimp Fettuccine in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010, p46
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spicy Tomato Shrimp Fettuccine(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2012
Delicious! This recipe was very easy and family says make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Recipes >