Spicy Tomato Pork Chops
I love to add garlic powder to the chops before browning, or some Creole or Cajun seasoning to give it even more kick. —Holly Neuharth, Mesa, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork chops on
- both sides. Remove; keep warm. In same skillet, cook and stir onion
- until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Return pork to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- covered, 15-20 minutes or until tender. Let stand 5 minutes before
- serving. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce equals 257 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.