- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides. Remove; keep warm. In same skillet, cook and stir onion until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Return pork to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Spicy Tomato Pork Chops
Sort By :
Easy to prepare with ingredients already found in my kitchen. There was plenty of sauce so you could easily cook more chops. The spicy flavor was perfect for me, but my husband added some hot sauce to kick up the heat. I will definitely make it again.
These are packed with flavor! Yum!
This was very good. We added extra pepper flakes for even more zip. The sauce was good over rice also.
Too spicy for us.
I added cajun seasoning, and left out the sugar.