Spicy Tomato Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, chili powder, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and pepper flakes.
- Return chops to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pork chops are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spicy Tomato Pork Chops(8)
Sort By :
Easy to prepare with ingredients already found in my kitchen. There was plenty of sauce so you could easily cook more chops. The spicy flavor was perfect for me, but my husband added some hot sauce to kick up the heat. I will definitely make it again.
These are packed with flavor! Yum!
This was very good. We added extra pepper flakes for even more zip. The sauce was good over rice also.
Too spicy for us.
I added cajun seasoning, and left out the sugar.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >