I love to add garlic powder to the chops before browning, or some Creole or Cajun seasoning to give it even more kick. —Holly Neuharth, Mesa, Arizona
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides. Remove; keep warm. In same skillet, cook and stir onion until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Return pork to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Tomato Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p26
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spicy Tomato Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review