Spicy Tomato Beef Steak Recipe
- 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top round steak, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a bowl, combine the vinegar, salt and pepper; toss with beef. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes; drain.
- 2. Place flour in a bowl; add beef and toss to coat. In a skillet, cook beef in oil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 195 calories, 8g fat (0g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 16g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Spicy Tomato Beef Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.