- 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top round steak, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, salt and pepper; toss with beef. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes; drain.
- Place flour in a bowl; add beef and toss to coat. In a skillet, cook beef in oil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now