- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pepper and onion stir-fry blend
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Optional toppings: cubed avocado, sour cream and salsa
- Sprinkle fillets with Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add fillets; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm. Wipe pan clean.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil. Add squash; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add stir-fry blend and tomatoes; cook 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in fajita seasoning mix; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until slightly thickened.
- In a small bowl, mix beans, salt and pepper. Divide rice among four serving bowls; layer with beans, vegetables and fillets. Serve with toppings as desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Tilapia Rice Bowl
"I actually forgot about the fajita seasoning and it was still delicious and filling!"
"One of the reasons I use Taste of Home recipes is access to nutrition information so it is disappointing to not find any for this one. I would rate it higher if there was nutrition info!"
"This was FABULOUS! Spicy and healthy. The only thing I did differently was to broil the fish instead of frying in oil. My husband loved it and it is so full of veggies! Definitely will make it regularly."