Spicy Teriyaki Beef Salad Recipe
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, divided
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large portobello mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, garlic, sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the avocado, cucumber, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and remaining pepper flakes and cayenne; set aside.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet, saute steak and mushroom until meat reaches desired doneness and mushroom is tender. Divide salad mix among four plates; top with avocado mixture and meat mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 405 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 6180mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Teriyaki Beef Salad
"This is one of my favorite recipes. It is quick, delicious and very spicy!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.