Spicy Teriyaki Beef Salad Recipe
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, divided
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large portobello mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, garlic, sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the avocado, cucumber, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and remaining pepper flakes and cayenne; set aside.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet, saute steak and mushroom until meat reaches desired doneness and mushroom is tender. Divide salad mix among four plates; top with avocado mixture and meat mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 405 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 6,180 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Teriyaki Beef Salad
"This is one of my favorite recipes. It is quick, delicious and very spicy!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.