- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, divided
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large portobello mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, garlic, sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the avocado, cucumber, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and remaining pepper flakes and cayenne; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet, saute steak and mushroom until meat reaches desired doneness and mushroom is tender. Divide salad mix among four plates; top with avocado mixture and meat mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Teriyaki Beef Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p55
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Teriyaki Beef Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2010
"This is one of my favorite recipes. It is quick, delicious and very spicy!"