Spicy Sweet-Sour Pork Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup green pepper strips
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper strips
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup; set pineapple aside. Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1/2 cup. In a small bowl; combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, brown sugar, pepper flakes and reserved juice mixture until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in hot oil until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry peppers for 3-4 minutes or until just crisp-tender.
- 3. Return meat to skillet; add reserved pineapple. Stir pineapple juice mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 277 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Spicy Sweet-Sour Pork