Spicy Sweet-Sour Pork Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup green pepper strips
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper strips
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup; set pineapple aside. Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1/2 cup. In a small bowl; combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, brown sugar, pepper flakes and reserved juice mixture until smooth. Set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in hot oil until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry peppers for 3-4 minutes or until just crisp-tender.
- Return meat to skillet; add reserved pineapple. Stir pineapple juice mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Sweet-Sour Pork in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p59
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spicy Sweet-Sour Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >