Spicy Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sweet potatoes and oil. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Sweet Potatoes(15)
Sort By :
LOVE this! I made it for the first time recently, and it didn't last long. I gave it to a friend who said her husband didn't like one of the ingredients (not sure which one). Anyway, he loved it too. Sweet potatoes are so good for you. Highly recommend you try this if you like sweet potatoes. I loved it and will make it frequently.
The whole family loved this! Thanks for a healthy way of making sweet potatoes
Double yum! I varied the coating a little to suit us. I halved the recipe except for the brown sugar and olive oil. I kept these at 2 T each. Baked on a foil-lined pan uncovered at 350 because I had a pork roast cooking at the same time. Cooking time was about 50 minutes. Cubes were browned, crispy on the outside but tender inside. Sweet/spicy. Excellent!
Pretty decent for a non-sweet recipe using sweet potatoes. I'm just not fond of sweet potatoes in any form other than sweetened and in custard or pie form. Having tried a huge range of recipes to try out on my sweet potato harvest, I came to this realization since I didn't like any of them that weren't sweetened.
We've been enjoying this dish since I found it in the magazine in 2001. I do increase the brown sugar and chili powder a little because we like highly flavored, but not extra hot, food. Thanks so much for sharing this fabulous recipe.