Spicy Sweet Potatoes
My family fell in love with the combination of sweet and spicy in this potato side dish the very first time they tried it. It goes great with poultry...and looks so pretty on the dinner table. I try to serve it often.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sweet potatoes and oil.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 400° for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring
- every 15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 149 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.