- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sweet potatoes and oil. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Sweet Potatoes
"I've been making these tasty sweet potatoes since the recipe was first published in '01. They are a favorite side dish, & I don't change anything but the amount of cayenne pepper, depending on who is at my table."
"Delicious. Made this for Easter dinner yesterday and only two of us ate it but we almost finished the whole dish by ourselves. Just the right amount of sweet and heat. I only had 1 large and 1 small potato but used the same amount of seasonings. Really good....have just a spoonful left...lunch tomorrow!"
"I don't really like sweet potatoes but I wanted to find a healthy recipe I would like. This is easy and delicious. Even the kids liked this recipe."
"So easy and so delicious. I'm making this for Christmas dinner along with the fabulous Garlic Pork Roast on this site."