Spicy Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Better pile these sweet and spicy orange fries high on the plate. Served with a thick dipping sauce, they create a craving for more.—Mary J. Jones, Williamstown, West Virginia
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- SPICY MAYONNAISE DIP:
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, combine the coriander, fennel, oregano and pepper flakes; grind until mixture becomes a fine powder. Stir in salt.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, oil and ground spices; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the dip ingredients; chill until serving. Serve with fries. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup fries with 1/4 cup sauce equals 573 calories, 50 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 607 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC