- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- SPICY MAYONNAISE DIP:
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, combine the coriander, fennel, oregano and pepper flakes; grind until mixture becomes a fine powder. Stir in salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, oil and ground spices; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the dip ingredients; chill until serving. Serve with fries. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
Sort By :
The zest from the spices and the sweetness from the potatoes created a perfect balance of flavor. I halved the dip recipe, which was a good amount to accompany the fries. The brightness of the lime juice and cilantro added a coolness to the spice.
My family loved this recipe - these are the best Sweet Potato Fries I've ever made!
This is spicy recipe, but the sweetness of the potato balances it out. I didn't make the dip. It's like a party in your mouth!
This is an extremely spicy recipe, particularly the dip, so you'll need something to cool your mouth down. The dip is more than twice what is needed for the fries. By themselves, the fries aren't too bad.