Spicy Sweet Potato Chips Recipe
These colorful chips from our Test Kitchen bring a balanced blend of sweet and spicy. Once you try these, you may never want to go back to the packaged variety!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. Cut sweet potatoes into very thin slices; soak in cold water for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain; pat dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine the salt, cinnamon and cayenne; set aside.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry potatoes in batches for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC