Spicy Sweet Potato Chips Recipe
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. Cut sweet potatoes into very thin slices; soak in cold water for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain; pat dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine the salt, cinnamon and cayenne; set aside.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry potatoes in batches for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 109 calories, 6g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Spicy Sweet Potato Chips
"I have to admit to not following the recipe exactly - I skipped the seasonings and just used salt, as I was afraid of the flavors contrasting too much with our Reuben sandwiches. But, these are SUPER EASY to make and remind me of the sweet potato chips served at one of my favorite restaurants."