Spicy Sweet Potato Chips
These colorful chips from our Test Kitchen bring a balanced blend of sweet and spicy. Once you try these, you may never want to go back to the packaged variety!
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + soaking Cook: 5 min./batch
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut sweet potatoes into very thin slices; soak in cold water for 30
- Drain; pat dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine the salt,
- cinnamon and cayenne; set aside.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- potatoes in batches for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning
- frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.