- 2 to 3 large sweet potatoes (1-3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix oil and seasonings; drizzle over potatoes and toss to coat.
- Arrange half of the potatoes in a single layer in two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- In a small bowl, beat dip ingredients until blended. Serve with chips. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 cups dip).
Reviews for Spicy Sweet Potato Chips & Cilantro Dip
"To get them crisp but not burned, I used tongs and pulled the slices from the pans as they became crisp. Takes some watching! Love my V slicer!"
"These are really good. There's a fine line between soft and crisp, keep an eye on them, but either way they're delicious! Didn't make the dip so I can't vouch for it. I used a slicer to get slices of uniform thickness."
"Loved them and now I have a great slicer from Christmas so I can get uniform sizes."
"Really good. Had a bit of dip leftover that I used with some fish. As others have said, just watch the thickness and monitor closely while cooking."
"Good flavor -family loved them, but as others said, some soggy & some kinda burnt. Need to get just the right thickness. Will try again..."